‘Tis the Season for Christmas Return Labels and Cards
Christmas is the time of year when we spend time with friends and family or at least appreciate them from afar. With the ones we love becoming more spread out across the country and across the world with every passing year, Christmas cards still play an important role in our lives as sweet holiday reminders that show you are still connected to the people on your Christmas list.
Holiday return labels make the task of sending out a large number of cards much easier, as you don’t have to keep writing your own address over and over again (and it also leaves less room for error). So pick up a box of Christmas cards and use your creative energy to personalize the message in each card instead of worrying about cramping your hand on writing your return address.
But what kind of labels do you want?
Where to Find Free Christmas Return Labels
You have a few options for finding Christmas return label templates online that allow you to add your own information, but there are also a few options for having the labels printed and mailed to you in a somewhat-free way.
- Free templates are available from sources like Microsoft Office and Avery — these create your standard size return labels, perfect to accompany small or simple Christmas cards. The designs are simple but classic, using iconic Christmas or other holiday imagery along with your name.
- Want a more unique look for your Christmas return labels? Fun and Sassy Designs has gorgeous labels that you can choose from that can be either circular or rectangular. These will add a unique look to the front of your envelope, just make sure you have enough room as some of these are bigger than the normal labels you find. It may be easier to just put this on the envelope first and then write around it (but the awesome designs are worth it!).
- While this may not be exactly a “free” way to find return labels, this method removes the hassle of having to print them yourself. Some organizations will give away personalized return labels every year around the holidays just for being a customer, such as State Farm. When I went through State Farm for my insurance, they sent me holiday themed return labels every year without fail.
- Many nonprofits do this too for previous donors as a way to encourage them to donate again. Heifer International is one that continues to send me labels every year, even though I only make a small annual donation. Through Heifer, you purchase animals that go to families in need across the world so they can begin to earn income by selling or eating what the animal produces, so the return labels they send have adorable llamas, cows and sheep in Christmas garb.
- For quick return labels already printed, Vista Print offers a wide selection of designs, but you can only order 140 for free and there is a $3 shipping charge. Even so, that will still be cheaper than buying return label paper for your printer.